Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
What You'll Do
John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) in Waterloo, IA is seeking a - Product Engineer – Lube & Cooling System to manage all aspects of design and development of the S350 platform Cooling and Lube System and relevant gear train components which include all aspects of cooling and oil transport and control in the engine. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the interactions these systems have with other engine systems, quantify and communicate them to engineers responsible for the mating components.
- Quantify component design parameters required to meet engine performance, reliability, durability and cost requirements.
- Coordinate the detailed design from concept to production implementation.
- Lead simulation effort to identify critical interactions in Cooling and Lube system components.
- Lead simulation and test effort to gain insights into behaviors of individual components and systems.
- Create test plans to validate Cooling and Lube system.
- Review Cooling and Lube System components following test and provide a critical evaluation of parts.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering, related engineering degree or equivalent experience. In addition, we require:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with key design parameters to determine complicated motions, loads, temperatures, flow fields and wear mechanisms associated with the Cooling and Lube system components.
- The ability to work productively and effectively in a Global cross functional team environment.
- Effectively communicate with teammates and external resources used to complete drafting, modeling and simulation.
- Desire to envision and then promote new ideas and designs to the organization.
A strong candidate will have an advanced degree as well as:
- Successful design and validation for Diesel Engine Cooling and Lube system components of 5 years or more.
- Experience with other systems in the engine that interact directly with the cooling and lube system such as the gear train, power cylinder and power train.
- An intermediate level Pro-E skill set.
- Excellent organization and leadership experience in a global team environment.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.